Accreditations and Memberships
Bethel College is a Christian liberal arts college, founded in 1947 in Mishawaka, Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of numerous associations, institutes and councils.
The Higher Learning Commission, a member of the North Central Association, 230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60602, (800) 621-7440
Approvals and authorizations:
Bethel College is authorized by the State of Indiana to operate as a postsecondary institution. Bethel College participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) as an approved Indiana NC-SARA institution.
Complaints regarding Bethel College can be filed through the Indiana Commission for Higher Education. See submission process, limitations and guidelines.
- Indiana Division of Professional Standards, 251 East Ohio Street, Suite 201, Indianapolis, IN 46204-2133
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), 2010 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 200, Washington, DC 20036-1023
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, (404) 975-5000.
- Indiana Professional Licensing Agency, Indiana State Board of Nursing, 402 West Washington Street, Room W072, Indianapolis, Indiana 46204, (317) 234-2043
- Public Laws 16, 346, 550 and 894, for training veterans and their survivors
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), 11250 Roger Bacon Dr., Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190
Bethel is a member of:
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
- Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges of Teacher Education
- AuSable Institute of Environmental Studies
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI/ICIF)
- Indiana Conference of Higher Education (ICHE)
- Jerusalem University College
- National League for Nursing
- National Organization of Associate Degree Nurses (N-OADN)
- North American Association of Summer Sessions
- Northern Indiana Consortium for Education (NICE)