Programs: Graduate in Ministry & Theology
Master of Arts in Ministry (M.A.MIN)
This is a 36-hour program that can be completed in two years. The student can take a mix of any 18 hours, plus 18 required hours. Seven-week courses are the primary format, with some 3-day intensives and a growing catalog of online courses. Independent study and guided readings are also available with approval. This program establishes a customized, strong foundation for ministry and further graduate and ministerial training based on the students’ needs.
Master of Arts in Theological Studies (M.A.T.S.)
The Master of Arts in Theological Studies is a 60-hour program that can be completed in two years or over a longer period of time. It features courses from three major areas: Biblical Studies (BBST), Church Ministry (CHMN), and Theology, History, Ethics & Society (THES) plus a wide array of electives. In this program and in the Master of Arts in Ministry, courses are offered in a convenient seven-week format, although some 3-day intensives are offered, along with online options. Summer courses are also offered. Certain courses in the Bethel College Master of Arts in Ministry program can apply toward the MATS. This program establishes a strong foundation for ministry and prepares a student to go on for further graduate and ministerial training.
- Completed Admission Application.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Interview with program director.
- Biographical sketch of 300 words covering your history, personal religious faith, why you are taking graduate studies, and why you selected Bethel College.
- Three Graduate Reference Forms from your pastor or qualified spiritual mentor, former professor or teacher, and another person who is not your relative.
- Completed Financial Aid Application.
Graduate Studies Office
1001 Bethel Circle
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Send us an e-mail using the Office of Adult & Graduate Studies contact form.