Skip to Main Content
My Bethel Visit Us Apply Now!



M.E.D. Administrative FAQ

Who is the program for?

  • Teachers who wish to receive an Indiana K-12 Building Level Administrator license while earning a master’s degree
  • Teachers with a master’s degree desiring to complete just the requirements for the Indiana K-12 Building Level Administrator Licensure
  • Teachers who have a minimum of three years of successful teaching experience
  • Individuals who hold a current teaching license
  • Individuals who maintained a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 for all college work

How is the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in School Administration program structured?

  • After taking 16 core credit hours, the candidate takes the remaining 20 credit hours required to complete the 36 total hours in the School Administrator License cognate, leading to the Indiana K-12 Building Level Administrator License. The candidate must also pass the PRAXIS II Leader’s Licensure Assessment.
  • Practicing educators who already hold a master's degree may complete the requirements for K-12 Building Level Administrator Licensure by completing 20 credit hours in school administration. They must also pass the Praxis II Leader's Licensure Assessment.

What are the qualifications for admission?

  • Complete a formal application form
  • Submit an autobiographical statement of at least 350 words including information on yourself, your recent work in education, and reasons for seeking the Bethel College M.Ed. degree
  • Submit a brief resume
  • Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended (copies can be submitted initially for review but official copies are required before final admission)
  • Submit three letters of recommendation (at least two directly related to your experience in education)

What is the program like?

  • Students take classes as they are needed and offered—the M.Ed. program is not conducted as a cohort
  • Classes are offered in the evening
    • Some summer courses may be offered in the afternoon instead of evening
  • Transfer graduate-level credit may be accepted if approved

What are the timelines?

  • Application material must be submitted one month prior to the beginning of the semester.

How can I get additional information?

  • An appointment can be made to meet with the program director, Dr. Ralph Stutzman
  • Application packet can be sent upon request
  • Contact Sandra Lesko for more information or to schedule an appointment.