Associate Professor of English
- Work Phone 574.807.7231
Bowen Library, Room 118
1001 Bethel Circle
- Send an E-mail
- Teaching Interests:
- Research Interests:
- Religious drama in Britain
- The "cozy" mystery
- Ph. D. Andrews University (2008) in Curriculum & Instruction in Higher Education
- Dissertation: An Exploratory Study of English Curricula Among CCCU Schools (in progress)
- M. A. in English, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind. (1986)
- M. A. in Communication, with honor, Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill. (1971)
- B. A. in History/Education, Houghton College, Houghton, N.Y. (1969)
- N.Y. State Permanent Certificate in History & English 7-12
- Additional English studies at Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Additional English studies at the University of Kent, Canterbury, England
- Led Language & Literature Division in Curriculum Revision (1992-1995)
- Wrote Curriculum Grant approved by Lilly (1992)
- "Review of the Literature: A Profile of 20th Century Dissertations On Christian Education." Co-authored with Henry Foster. Journal of Research on Christian Education (Autumn 1992).
- Bethel College Self-Study Report (1990). Editor. Report honored by North Central Accreditation in March 1990.
- "Winterflight: A Review." In Christianity Today (October 1982).
- Personal Interests:
- Theater—attended Globe Theatre in London (2000)
- Hiking with Dr. Pepi (poodle)
- Reading mysteries
- Refinishing furniture
- Travel— Visiting the British Isles (Sixth Trip: BC Group in May 2009)