Spain is a land of paradox: the awe of towering cathedrals, the macabre of musty catacombs; a tradition of devotion to the Catholic faith and to a spirited cries of "¡Ole!" in the bull ring; the construction of a modern state of the European Union upon the peculiar schedule of siesta.
Experience all the richness of ancient and modern Spanish civilization on the 2015 Bethel in Spain program. Students enrolled in the program will depart O’Hare International terminal for a six-week study abroad experience in Madrid, Salamanca, La Coruña, Burgos, Bilbao and Barcelona.
Students will receive:
- 9 credits for their participation in the program
Students can receive:
- Up to 9 hours of credit in Spanish, or
- Take 6 hours of Spanish and 3 hours of the new Spanish Art and Architecture course which can satisfy the General Studies Art requirement.
What you do while there:
- Courses include a month of daily classes and two weeks of excursions throughout the northern half of Spain;
- Students will live with host families while studying at the Dile Cursos language institute in Salamanca; and
- Stay in 3-star minimum hotel accommodations for the two-week excursion portion of the trip.
Program directors / Coordinators:
- Program directors and Bethel professors Dr. Scott DeVries and Dr. Nan Hussey will coordinate planning and accompany students in every aspect of the trip.
- Dr. Hussey will teach both the 3 credit Spanish Culture and Civilization and the 3 credit Spanish Art and Architecture courses and all students will be required to take one or the other.
- Both professors will also be available for both pre-trip and on-site, in-program advising and counsel.