Bethel College School of Nursing 2013 Pinning and Awards Recognition
The Bethel College School of Nursing pinned one hundred sixteen graduates during a ceremony held on May 4, 2013 in the Everest-Rohrer Auditorium. A slide show presentation created by Chelsea Thompson and musical arrangements by pianist Vicky Warkentien… Read More
Sigma Theta Tau
Sigma Theta Tau International Nu Omicron Chapter-at-Large celebrated the induction of new members in a ceremony held on Friday, March 22, 2013 in the Everest-Rohrer Auditorium on the Bethel College campus. The inductees were comprised of Bachelor of Science and Master of Science nursing students from Bethel College, Goshen College and Saint Mary’s College… Read More
Alumni Visit 2013
13 Nursing Alumni from different graduating years visited the NUR228 Roles & Perspectives class to share & discuss what they are doing with their Bethel College Nursing degrees. Many have gone on for further education & training. Current students were able to ask questions ranging from taking the NCLEX exam for licensure to tips for starting that first Nursing job… Read More
Nursing Dedication Program
Bethel College School of Nursing recognized seventy-nine nursing students during the Nursing Dedication Program held on January 19, 2013 in the Everest-Rohrer Chapel/Fine Arts Center. Thirty-eight BSN students and forty-one ADN students were recognized as having completed Nursing Fundamentals and advancing in their respective nursing program… Read More
Nursing Students Travel to Somotillo, Nicaragua
This past August of 2012 we had the opportunity to travel with the Christian Medical and Dental Association’s Global Health Outreach to Somotillo, Nicaragua. This was Lauren’s third trip to Nicaragua with GHO and Renee’s first with GHO… Read More
School of Nursing Receives Continuing Accreditation
The School of Nursing has just received confirmation that the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) has awarded the BSN program continuing accreditation for 8 years. This accreditation covers the traditional baccalaureate program in nursing and the baccalaureate completion program…Read More
Recent Nursing Students and Faculty Publications
Lakeland RN-BSN students publish article: Left to right - Dawn McFall, Merline Abraham, Rhonda Fillmore and Tanya Sobaski will be publishing their research article, "The Effect of Routine Rounding by Nursing Staff on Patient Satisfaction on a Cardiac Telemetry Unit" in The Health Care Manager.
- Sally Erdel contributed to Legal Issues Confronting Today’s Nursing Faculty: A Case Study Approach.
- Karon Schwartz and Deb Gillum authored the chapter Amish Americans in the 6th edition of Transcultural Nursing: Assessment & Intervention by Joyce Newman-Giger.
- Gillum, D., Staffileno, B., Schwartz, K., Coke, L., Fogg, L., & Reeling, D. (2011). Cardiovascular disease in the Amish. Holistic Nursing Practice, Nov/Dec, 289-297.
- Becker, R. (2011). Hypodermoclysis and proctoclysis as basic care. The National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly, 11(4), 649-659.
- Gillum, D., Staffileno, B. (2011). An integrative review of the current knowledge of cardiovascular disease and associated risk factors in the old order Amish. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 22(2), 182-190.
- Abraham, S. (2011). Acquisition and allocation of human, financial, and physical resources in the health care system. Health Care Manager, 30(1):38-44.
- Abraham, S. (2011). Fall prevention conceptual framework. Health Care Manager, 30(2):179-184.
- Gillum, D., Staffileno, B., Schwartz, K., Coke, L., & Fogg, L. (2010). The prevalence of cardiovascular disease and associated risk factors in the Old Order Amish in northern Indiana: A preliminary study. Online Journal of Rural Nursing and Health Care, Fall.
- Becker, R. (2010). When healers are expected to kill. Franciscan Way, Summer.
- Abraham, S. (2010). Technological trends in health care: Electronic health record. Health Care Manager, 29(4):318-323.
- Eigsti, J. (2009). Graduate nurses’ perceptions of a critical care nurse. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 25(4), 191-198.
- Schwartz, K., & Helmuth, M. (2008). Amish Americans in Giger & Davidhizar’s Transcultural Nursing: Assessment-Interventions, St. Louis, Mosby Yearbook.
- Becker, R. (2009, Winter). Servant of God Catherine de Hueck Doherty. Franciscan Way, 11.
- Becker, R. (2009, Spring). When healers are expected to kill. Sign of Peace, 8(2), 22-27.
- Davidhizar, R., & Cramer, C. (2008). Helping at risk students succeed on the NCLEX-RN, Health Care Management, 27(3), 269-276.
- Gillum, D. (2008). Self-responsibility facilitation in B. Ackley, G. Ludwig, B. Swan, and Stucker’s Evidence-based nursing care guidelines medical-surgical interventions, Elsevier: St. Louis.
- Sobaski, T.,Abraham, M., Fillmore, R., McFall, D., (Lakeland RN-BSN students) & Davidhizar, R. (2008).The effect of routine rounding by nursing staff on patient satisfaction on a cardiac telemetry unit. Health Care Manager.
- Geoghan, D., & Davidhizar, R. (2008). Caring for the hospice patient. Journal of Practical Nursing.
- Giger, J., Davidhizar, R. (2008). African Americans and spirituality. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 19(4).
- Davidhizar, R., Mallory, J., & McCoy, C. (2008). The art of promoting patience. Journal of Emergency Nursing.
- Davidhizar, R. & Hart, A. (2008) When your patient can not hear you. Journal of Practical nursing.