Bethel College School of Nursing 2014 Pinning
Bethel College School of Nursing pinned one hundred twelve graduates during a ceremony held on May 3, 2014 in the Everest-Rohrer Auditorium. Musical arrangements by pianist Robert Rhein, DMA, Associate Professor of Music, preceded the processional which was led by Gregg Chenoweth, PhD, President of Bethel College and Deborah Gillum, PhD, Dean of Nursing.… Read More
Sigma Theta Tau
Family, friends, and nursing faculty celebrated the induction of fifty-one new members into Sigma Theta Tau International Nu Omicron Chapter-at-Large on Saturday, March 29, 2014. The inductees were comprised of nineteen nursing students from Bethel College,eighteen from Goshen College and fourteen from Saint Mary’s College… Read More
BETHEL COLLEGE SCHOOL OF NURSING SECOND NURSING STUDENT BANQUET
The second nursing student banquet honoring alumni and current students of Bethel College School of Nursing was held on March 22, 2014 at Grace Methodist Great Hall in South Bend, IN. Guests were welcomed by Stanton Hinson, Nursing Student Affairs Chair, and Dr. Deb Gillum, Dean of Nursing… Read More
Alumni Visit 2014
Despite worsening weather, 15 Nursing Alumni from different graduating years visited the NUR228 Roles & Perspectives class to share & discuss what they are doing with their Bethel College Nursing degrees… Read More
Nursing Dedication Program
Family and friends of the members of the Associate Degree Nursing class of 2015 and the Bachelor of Science Nursing class of 2016 gathered on January 18, 2014 in the Everest-Rohrer/Chapel/Fine Arts Center for the Nursing Dedication Program… Read More
Nursing Students Travel to Somotillo, Nicaragua
This past August of 2012 we had the opportunity to travel with the Christian Medical and Dental Association’s Global Health Outreach to Somotillo, Nicaragua. This was Lauren’s third trip to Nicaragua with GHO and Renee’s first with GHO… Read More
School of Nursing Receives Continuing Accreditation
The School of Nursing has just received confirmation that the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) has awarded the BSN program continuing accreditation for 8 years. This accreditation covers the traditional baccalaureate program in nursing and the baccalaureate completion program…Read More
Recent Nursing Students and Faculty Publications
Lakeland RN-BSN students publish article: Left to right - Dawn McFall, Merline Abraham, Rhonda Fillmore and Tanya Sobaski will be publishing their research article, "The Effect of Routine Rounding by Nursing Staff on Patient Satisfaction on a Cardiac Telemetry Unit" in The Health Care Manager.
- Sally Erdel contributed to Legal Issues Confronting Today’s Nursing Faculty: A Case Study Approach.
- Karon Schwartz and Deb Gillum authored the chapter Amish Americans in the 6th edition of Transcultural Nursing: Assessment & Intervention by Joyce Newman-Giger.
- Gillum, D., Staffileno, B., Schwartz, K., Coke, L., Fogg, L., & Reeling, D. (2011). Cardiovascular disease in the Amish. Holistic Nursing Practice, Nov/Dec, 289-297.
- Becker, R. (2011). Hypodermoclysis and proctoclysis as basic care. The National Catholic Bioethics Quarterly, 11(4), 649-659.
- Gillum, D., Staffileno, B. (2011). An integrative review of the current knowledge of cardiovascular disease and associated risk factors in the old order Amish. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 22(2), 182-190.
- Abraham, S. (2011). Acquisition and allocation of human, financial, and physical resources in the health care system. Health Care Manager, 30(1):38-44.
- Abraham, S. (2011). Fall prevention conceptual framework. Health Care Manager, 30(2):179-184.
- Gillum, D., Staffileno, B., Schwartz, K., Coke, L., & Fogg, L. (2010). The prevalence of cardiovascular disease and associated risk factors in the Old Order Amish in northern Indiana: A preliminary study. Online Journal of Rural Nursing and Health Care, Fall.
- Becker, R. (2010). When healers are expected to kill. Franciscan Way, Summer.
- Abraham, S. (2010). Technological trends in health care: Electronic health record. Health Care Manager, 29(4):318-323.
- Eigsti, J. (2009). Graduate nurses’ perceptions of a critical care nurse. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development, 25(4), 191-198.
- Schwartz, K., & Helmuth, M. (2008). Amish Americans in Giger & Davidhizar’s Transcultural Nursing: Assessment-Interventions, St. Louis, Mosby Yearbook.
- Becker, R. (2009, Winter). Servant of God Catherine de Hueck Doherty. Franciscan Way, 11.
- Becker, R. (2009, Spring). When healers are expected to kill. Sign of Peace, 8(2), 22-27.
- Davidhizar, R., & Cramer, C. (2008). Helping at risk students succeed on the NCLEX-RN, Health Care Management, 27(3), 269-276.
- Gillum, D. (2008). Self-responsibility facilitation in B. Ackley, G. Ludwig, B. Swan, and Stucker’s Evidence-based nursing care guidelines medical-surgical interventions, Elsevier: St. Louis.
- Sobaski, T.,Abraham, M., Fillmore, R., McFall, D., (Lakeland RN-BSN students) & Davidhizar, R. (2008).The effect of routine rounding by nursing staff on patient satisfaction on a cardiac telemetry unit. Health Care Manager.
- Geoghan, D., & Davidhizar, R. (2008). Caring for the hospice patient. Journal of Practical Nursing.
- Giger, J., Davidhizar, R. (2008). African Americans and spirituality. Journal of Transcultural Nursing, 19(4).
- Davidhizar, R., Mallory, J., & McCoy, C. (2008). The art of promoting patience. Journal of Emergency Nursing.
- Davidhizar, R. & Hart, A. (2008) When your patient can not hear you. Journal of Practical nursing.