A Message from the President
Hey there, my name is Taryn Cooper and I’m the psychology club president this year at Bethel. I’m a senior psychology major, and I absolutely love what our department does to prepare students for future careers in psychology. I’m also really excited about what the psychology club plans on doing this year. We have service opportunities available where we will be going out into the community and serving in many different ways. You may ask why this is so important. We have learned from the Bible that we are to love our neighbors. What better way to love others than by serving them? Also, we try to prepare those interested in psychology by bringing in a line up of speakers in the psychology field who know about what jobs are out there and how we can make an impact on our community. We strive to grow in close relationship with our faculty, as well as other students on our campus in order to work towards a common goal, learning how to integrate Christianity into the field of psychology. I hope to see many of you either at our meetings or serving alongside me during our service opportunities. I’m extremely excited to see what we can do this year as a club!
- We are a student led organization open to all students on Bethel College's campus - specifically psychology majors or minors.
- Our club highlights the importance of Christ-like fellowship between and amongst psychology majors/minors and psychology professors.
- We want to discover ways of integrating Christianity into the fields of psychology.
- Our club provides students the opportunity to demonstrate leadership.
- We encourage students to be active members of the community by committing time to a charitable organization.
- We want to enhance our knowledge of psychology and psychological fields through information and hearing from speakers in the field.
- We provide support to club members in how to approach psychology courses as well as graduate school.