/ Religion & Philosophy
Department of Religion & Philosophy
The goals for the Department are as follows:
- Develop a style of service and ministry which cares for the full range of human needs.
- Be equipped for immediate ministry vocations in churches, para-church organization, etc., by balancing biblical and theological education with the practical skills necessary for ministry.
- Have the necessary foundation on which to pursue theological education at the graduate level.
- Develop skills in interpersonal relationships which reflect biblical values.
- Learn how to study the Bible and to relate its message to today’s world.
- Be acquainted with the major philosophies and religious systems of the world.
- Be especially prepared for ministry within the Missionary Church or the student’s own denomination, with an awareness of the Body of Christ.