An on-campus or "residual" testing program is available to ACT-participating colleges. ACT Residual Testing is strictly limited only to students who have enrolled, have been admitted, or have officially applied to Bethel College. Scores from Residual Testing are reported only to Bethel College offices for admission, course placement, and advising purposes.
- Eligibility for Students – Residual Testing is conducted at Bethel College for students who: 1) are enrolled, 2) have been admitted, or 3) are applying to Bethel College. Students who do not intend to attend Bethel College are not allowed to participate in ACT Residual Testing on our campus.
ACT Residual Testing Times and Location
|Wednesday, April 9, 2014||Academic Success Center— Room 033|
|Wednesday, June 4, 2014||Academic Success Center— Room 033|
|Wednesday, August 13, 2014||Academic Success Center— Room 033|
- Scores from Residual Testing are valid only at Bethel College and cannot be transferred by transcript or other means to any other institution or agency.
- Scores from Residual Testing are reported only to the college administering the test.
- No Student Reports and no High School Reports are generated.
- No Additional Score Reports will be generated to report scores to any other institution.
- Residual Testing is not a practice test and is not for use with younger students. Bethel College does not provide Residual Testing to individuals who do not intend to attend our college.
- ACT Residual Testing is restricted to on-campus administrations. Test booklets may not be transported from campus to campus or to any off-campus locations.
- A minimum of 60 days must elapse before another Residual Test may be taken. Scores achieved before the minimum elapsed time will be cancelled without refund.
- ACT restricts the number of times a student may take the ACT to 12 times total. Residual Testing does count toward that maximum.
- The cost of the residual testing is $55 (Please call the Center for Academic Success to register: 574.807.7460).
- All students must register for ACT Residual Test a minimum of one (1) week prior to their selected testing date.
- You will need to bring and submit your $55 payment by cash or check (if check, payable to Bethel College) and completed ACT Residual Test Admission Form when you take the exam.
Valid forms of identification include:
- Current (valid) official photo ID
- Letter of identification issued by your school (w/photo in letter)
- High school transcript with photo issued by your school
- Notarized statement (w/photo in statement)
- Recent published individual photo
Materials Required for Exam
- Current photo ID
- Social Security Number
- Two #2 pencils with good erasers (mechanical pencils are not allowed)
- Simple four-function calculator (non-printing/non-graphing) to be used on Math Testonly.
- For list of allowable calculators, please visit: http://www.actstudent.org/faq/answers/calculator.html
- Extended-time testing is available to students with documented physical or learning disabilities. Please contact Becky Aldridge 574.807.7160 or aldridr@BethelCollege.edu in the Center for Academic Success to discuss the documentation needed to schedule a date for the extended-time exam.
Downloads & Online Resources
- ACT Residual Test Admission Form
ACT Residual Testing Supervisor