Learning Commons Student Conference Room Guidelines and Scheduling Procedures
The student conference room can be reserved for official or unofficial student groups of six or more. Reservations are managed by the Information desk consistent with the Learning Commons Student Conference Room policy.
All Learning Commons Conference Room reservations must be made through the Information Desk or Learning Commons manager. Priority access will be granted to:
- Student Groups or Student Organizations
- Supplemental academic instruction
- Faculty-led student study groups
- Student Success and Information Technology departments
Learning Commons Student Conference Room Policy
- All meeting requests must include a subject that clearly defines the purpose of the meeting. The schedulers name and contact information must also be included in the request.
- Bring a laptop (or tablet with Apple TV compatibility) if needing to use the projector to show information.
- Use only whiteboard approved markers.
- The room maximum capacity is twelve (12).
- Room requests must be scheduled at least (24) hours prior to meeting date and time.
- Repeated meetings are available at organizer’s request.
- It is the responsibility of the meeting organizer to make sure the Learning Commons manager has sent an acceptance or decline response prior to meeting date and time.
- When scheduling a meeting, please schedule enough time to avoid meeting overrun. If your meeting extends beyond the allotted time and another meeting is scheduled to begin; then the organizer must adjourn the meeting or find another room to complete the meeting extension.
- The meeting organizer will be responsible for ensuring the conference room is cleaned of any trash, food or drinks used during the meeting. White boards should be erased and cleaned to be ready for the next user. Any remaining handouts, agendas, etc. will need to be removed from the room and either recycled or saved in meeting file.
- If an item is found to be broken or nonfunctioning; it will be the responsibility of the meeting organizer to report. Any repairs or clean-ups necessary should be reported to the Information Desk or Learning Commons manager.
For scheduling, information, or additional inquiries, please contact us at: 574.807.7788 or LearningCommons@BethelCollege.edu