Two Campuses, One Focus - You!
2CU is a revolutionary partnership between Bethel College and Ivy Tech Community College-South Bend that enables students to pursue Christian higher education at a fraction of the cost that might be expected.
This innovative program provides you with the opportunity to combine the on campus experience and environment of a Christian college with the financial benefits of a community college. That means you have access to Bethel’s rich spiritual and campus life for a savings of more than $16,000 per year.
As a 2CU Student
- Live on Bethel’s campus, participate in student activities, eat in the dining commons, attend chapel and so much more –you ARE a Bethel student
- Take 12 credit hours at Ivy Tech (just a 10-minute drive from Bethel) and four credit hours at Bethel each semester
- Earn an associate degree in general studies in about two years from Ivy Tech and a Christian Worldview endorsement from Bethel
- Continue studying at Bethel after the 2CU program to complete a bachelor’s degree in the major of your choice in just two more years*
To be eligible for 2CU
- Be a first-time freshman or transfer student in your freshman or sophomore year
- Meet Bethel and Ivy Tech’s admission requirements
- Meet financial need criteria (expected family contribution) based on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- $8,500 per semester for both in-state and out-of-state residents, includes:
- 12 credit hours per semester at Ivy Tech (typically four classes)
- 4 credit hours per semester at Bethel College
- A religion & philosophy class (3 credit hours)
- A Christian worldview tutorial (1 credit hour)
- Standard room costs and a 20-meal plan at Bethel
- Student fees at both institutions
- Additional fees may include:
- Parking passes
- Books and supplies
- Lab fees
- Transportation costs
- Submit your application for admission to Bethel College, including:
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcripts, if applicable
- SAT or ACT scores
- Bethel will notify students of admission
- Submit a FAFSA to Bethel by March 1
- All financial aid will be determined and administered through Bethel
- Bethel will determine eligibility for 2CU based on the FAFSA
- If accepted into the 2CU program, you will be notified and required to submit an application for admission to Ivy Tech
- Accepted students are assigned an advisor to guide them through registration
2CU was launched with the spring 2014 semester and 25 students will be accepted into the program each year. Kimmi New, a psychology major from Michigan, was our first 2CU student.
“I’m so excited for students that are in the same [financial] situation I was who will be able to come to Bethel because of this program.” – Kimmi New
For more information:
Bethel College Admission Office
Ivy Tech Admissions
574.289.7001 ext. 6836
*The actual length of time required in order to complete an associate degree at Ivy Tech and a bachelor’s degree at Bethel may vary per student. In addition, due to the structure of some majors, not every degree can be completed in four years. An academic advisor can help develop a plan that will work well for you.