Wes Laidig - Admission Counselor
- Hometown Mishawaka, Indiana
- Penn High School ‘06
- Bethel College ‘10
B.A. in Business Administration
- Fax: 574.807.7650
- E-mail Wes
Getting to know Wes
- What is your dream vacation? Hiking the Rocky Mountains in Colorado
- What have you tried but will never do again?Eat cow’s tongue
- What’s your favorite Sufficient Grounds drink?Cookies n’ Cream Milkshake
- If you were an animal what would you be?Bald eagle
- What’s the coolest country/state you have visited?Israel
- Favorite Bible VerseJeremiah 29:13 - “You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Growing up I knew about Bethel, but only from the summer sports camps. I came here to play basketball and in the process my life was forever changed. When I first came to Bethel I couldn’t believe how friendly the people were, almost to the point where I was skeptical. But I soon came to realize this place is full of special people who truly care. My relationship with Christ took on a whole new meaning and I created friendships that will last the rest of my life. I was able to do so many awesome things and go so many places that I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to do otherwise. I feel blessed to have had the opportunity to spend four years at Bethel and now that I am working here, it’s truly amazing. To be a part of giving students the same experiences I had is true satisfaction.
Take your college search seriously and make sure you visit the places you are interested in. It’s so important you get a feel for the campus yourself because you will be the one living there. Take time to pray about where you should go and seek out advice from people who have gone through the same experience. Doing that, you will be able to soak up knowledge from different viewpoints. Ask other people for advice and listen to them, but ultimately you have to make the decision on where the next step of life will take you. Most of all, go with your heart and where you see yourself being the best fit. Plan ahead and allow yourself time to make an educated and well thought out decision!