Real Campus Advantages
Attending classes on the Bethel College campus provides many benefits for nontraditional students. First, our small classes allow you to interact with fellow students in a way that is helpful, collaborative and enjoyable. Far from a steady lecture of the facts, many classes use group exercises and discussions as effective learning methods. This also gives students an understanding of how to effectively work within a group. Students often share real-life experiences along with their textbook education, and support and inspire each other's efforts. You quickly learn you are not alone in your journey, and the relationships established here can last a lifetime.
Furthermore, college campuses like Bethel tend to attract the best professors, and that gives you the opportunity to not only learn from the best, but to get to know them too! Such faculty relationships greatly enrich the educational experience and can also provide extra help, useful contacts and letters of recommendation.
Finally, the Bethel campus offers a rich trove of educational, cultural and spiritual resources to support your journey of life and faith. Along with its convenient location, Bethel offers an intimate, attractive campus that provides a pleasant and enjoyable place to pursue your studies. From our classes to our library to our chapel, Bethel College reaches out to the whole person that is you.
Some of the facilities available to nontraditional students
- The Bowen Library — Along with excellent academic resources and interlibrary loan service, features a number of study rooms and a newly renovated reading room with comfortable seating.
- Fitness facilities — Wiekamp Athletic Center and Sailor Residential Center.
- The Acorn — Snack and meal options as well as billiard tables, ping pong, student meeting space and a lounge with a television.
- Sufficient Grounds — A coffeehouse featuring Seattle's Best coffee and drink options, with various meals and snacks as well as computer access, study rooms and plenty of comfy couches.
- Café a la Cart — Quality sandwiches and salads with Starbucks Coffee, cold beverages and a variety of bakery and snack items.
- Bethel Bookstore — Textbooks, Bethel insignia merchandise, trade/general books, office and school supplies, music.
- Chapel — Regular worship times and chapel programs that include guest speakers, musical and dramatic groups, extended praise and worship times, and faculty testimonies.
- Campus ATM.