Career and Intern Services Center (CISC)
The Bethel College Career and Intern Services Center (CISC) wants to remind alumni of services offered, especially in light of the economic downturn. Michelle Yager, Director of Career Services, outlines the services which are free of charge.
- Optimal Resume is a web-based software that will help a job seeker write and format their resume. It can be found on the CISC's home page. This system will walk users through a series of questions in each category of a resume. At the end of the questions the user is instructed to hit a 'submit' button where the system will automatically format the resume. The user than has up to 17,000 ways to individualize the formatting by a simple push of a computer button. Once the resume is completed, the job seeker can choose to hit the 'review' button which will send it to Sherry Weldy, our Career Service Specialist. Sherry will edit the resumes on a first come/first serve basis. She is a master word smith and will help the job seeker improve their resume so it stands out in the crowd. Sherry highly recommends getting your resume draft to her as quickly as possible since the spring semester is her busiest time of year. Currently, the turnaround time is running 2-3 weeks. Optimal Resume is only open to Bethel students and alumni. Call the CISC (574.257.2661) for approval and to obtain the password.
- Job Search Assistance Information is available on our site. Here you will find downloadable booklets on writing resumes, cover letters, and interviewing techniques, among others. We highly recommend reading the resume information before writing your first draft. The majority of this packet consists of sample resumes which will help with word usage and to brainstorm valuable experiences needed to be included on the document.
- CISC Online Job Board is where employers can post their job openings. You will find it in the purple box on the CISC's homepage. Click on the button labeled 'Job Seeker' to register. Our job board is only open to Bethel students and alumni. Once registered, you will have to verify your email address to get an initial password to gain access into the system. Emily Parrott, CISC administrative assistant, is available to help with this process. You can stop by the CISC (Huffman A-316) or email your questions to email@example.com.
- Simply Hired is a national online job board that specializes in posting jobs around the country. If you are looking for employment in Chicago, you would use the Simply Hired job board to access these posting. Simply hired is in the lime green and turquoise box at the bottom of the CISC's homepage.
- INCC Career and Internship Fair is co-hosted by Bethel College's CISC. This is the ultimate networking opportunity for job and internship seekers. The fair usually has between 150-160 employers who want to connect with college educated job seekers. It will be held on Friday, April 3, 2009 at IUSB's Student Activity Center. It is free of charge and open to ALL Bethel students and alumni. To register and view the employer list, go to http://www.iusb.edu/~iusbjf/. Interview attire and resume copies are required.