Campus Safety Officer
- Posted: 10/28/2013
Bethel College is a faith based student-focused learning community. All employees directly or indirectly assist in promoting an intentional Christ-centered environment and serve as committed Christian role models for our campus.
Bethel has an opening for two part-time Campus Safety Officers to work. One position is 1st shift, one is 3rd shift. (Each under 20 hours per week.) The purpose is to provide for the safety and security of Bethel College, its resources, and the campus community. The Officer patrols the campus and checks resident halls and other buildings; maintains safe parking conditions; and performs additional duties including but not limited to:
- Monitoring and authorizing entrances and departures of individuals
- Unlocking cars, starting stalled vehicles, emergency weather notification, unlocking/locking doors to buildings,
- Answering telephone calls
- Escorting or transporting individuals to specified locations and to provide personal protection.
- Maintaining division vehicles and other equipment on a routine basis.
- Investigating criminal or traffic complaints/concerns.
- Dealing with parking concerns and enforcement.
- Warning persons of rule infractions or violations
- Apprehending or evicting violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Responding to medical situations and emergencies and calling emergency medical services or police authorities when necessary
- Attending staff meetings and writing reports.
Qualified candidates will possess a high school education or GED. Additional education is a plus. Relevant experience and knowledge is required. Strong interpersonal skills, ability to read, write and speak fluently in English; frequent walking, lifting of 40 pounds and the ability to lift between 100-200 pounds with assistance; ability to work in inclement weather and to report to work in spite of severe weather conditions.
Bethel College is an equal opportunity employer. Send a letter of interest, statement of faith and a resume or application to firstname.lastname@example.org.