Children’s Director – First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood
Houston | Texas, United States
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood is seeking a Christ-centered, spiritually mature person with a love for children and a passion for children’s ministry. We pray for a Children’s Ministry Director who will build Christ-centered mentoring relationships with Sunday school teachers and equip parents to disciple their children.
- Be committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and in a growing relationship with Him
- Embrace an evangelical theology consistent with our church’s basic beliefs as expressed at www.eco- pres.org/essentialtenets
- Possess personal character above reproach
- Be called to children’s ministry and passionate to see families become rooted in Christ, grow in community and plant the gospel in the world
- Have a demonstrated ability to equip adult volunteers as teachers and mentors to children
- Have a heart for outreach and seeing children commit their lives to Christ
- Possess strong administrative skills and good follow-through
- College degree with experience in children’s ministry, education, or child development preferred
- Able to pass Texas background check and maintain First Aid/CPR certification
40 hours per week, salary and benefits to be determined based on experience (salary range $36,000 and up based on qualifications and experience)
Personal and Ministry Expectations:
- Practice and model a Christ-centered, balanced lifestyle. Demonstrate a proactive work ethic, always looking to develop new ways of engaging children and families in the wider life of the church
- Together with the Children’s Ministry Team, lead and oversee all aspects of the children’s ministry: including Sunday morning Discipleship groups and Wednesday evening IGNITION ministry for K-4th grades
- Equip parents to disciple their children by mentoring them and hosting parenting events.
- Communicate regularly with families about children’s ministry events and calendars.
- Develop and oversee evangelistic outreach to children and families in our community.
- Participate in the life of the Church including worship, special events and other church activities, helping children participate in the wider church.
- Serve as an integral part of the church staff, including attending staff meetings and meetings with the Pastor.
- Handle administration of the children’s ministry budget and team.
How to Apply
How to apply: Send your resume and any related questions or inquiries to Rev. Mark Renn at email@example.com First Presbyterian Church of Kingwood – 5520 Kingwood Dr. – Kingwood, TX 77345 – 281.360.5555
72 total views, 2 today