Christian Summer Camp Seeking Head Wrangler
Tomahawk, Alberta, Canada
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Brightwood Ranch is a summer youth camp for kids and youth from single parent, foster and group homes. From the fall to spring we host men, women and youth in drug and alcohol rehab programs. We have a facility that includes: barn, large riding arena, small paddocks, and a herd of 33 horses. We offer basic horsemanship on our main site and one week horse camps at our horse site.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To be responsible for developing the overall horsemanship program.
- To feed and take care of the horses.
- To maintain tack and barn area, keeping it clean and organized.
- To work with horses on a regular basis.
- To schedule wranglers teaching and chore times and times off.
- To assist in camp activities lead trail rides.
- To oversee any work teams that will help at the barn.
- Purchase recommendations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a Wrangler
- Must be capable of lifting at least 50lbs
- Successful candidate must be dependable, task-oriented and positively contribute to an attitude of
- excellence at Hope Mission
- Ability to work as a team player.
- To be fit and capable of working in all climate conditions.
- Able to provide a current Criminal Record Check & Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check.
- Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada on a full-time basis.
- Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search.
- A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset.
SALARY is commensurate with qualifications and experience of the person applying for the position, plus onsite housing and utilities paid by Hope Mission. Medical and Dental Benefits after 3-month probationary period.
START DATE is immediate.
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com Website: http://hopemission.com/careers/work-at-brightwood-ranch-camps/ Contact: Brent Ankrom Mailing Address: Box 277 Evansburg, AB T0E 0T0 Camp Phone: 780-727-3840 How to Apply: send resume and cover letter stating why you would like to work in a Christian Ministry