Science Teacher – Memorial High School
Elkhart | Indiana, United States
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Elkhart Community Schools is looking for a Science Teacher for Memorial High School.
QUALIFICATIONS: Current Indiana Teacher Certification; must meet North Central Accreditation Standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in planning and implementation of curriculum and school-wide goals.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate technology in both teaching and learning processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach non-English speaking students.
- Preferably demonstrate knowledge of Spanish.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of State Standards in curriculum implementation.
- Demonstrate experience or ability to include Special Needs students into the regular education program.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach reading skills relevant to designated grade-level/content area.
- Demonstrate on-going involvement in professional development activities that support increased student achievement.
- Demonstrate ability to plan and implement interdisciplinary instruction through a teaming approach.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach in a diverse urban school setting.
- Demonstrate regular and timely attendance.
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 6, 2013
SALARY: Per training and experience
ELKHART COMMUNITY SCHOOLS – AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Elkhart Community Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, religion,
handicap, age, national origin or disability.
How to Apply
Interested persons should file a letter of application with the Personnel Office. This position will remain posted until filled. Send all inquiries/applications to: Cheryl Waggoner, Director of Talent Recruitment and Management; Elkhart Community Schools; 2720 California Road; Elkhart, IN 46514.
61 total views, 2 today