Databases(for Bethel Users)
- JSTOR: Music Collection
- JSTOR's Music collection contains the complete back runs of 32 titles dedicated to scholarly research and theory in the field of music. The collection includes journals published in the Netherlands, Croatia, Hungary, Germany, and France. A retrospective digitization project, it provides a collection of complete backfiles of hundreds scholarly periodicals, starting with the first issues. A moving end-date wall excludes the most recent 2-5 years of currently available journals. For newer content, see Project MUSE.
- Naxos Music Library
- Naxos Music Library in an online music streaming service that provides access to over 80,000 CD titles. The collection is strong in classical, jazz,and world music though other genres are represented as well.
Online Resources (free to All Users)
- Mike Gibb offers a searchable database about opera performances, opera houses, singers, and composers. The database contains information about opera performances since 1999. Users may search for opera houses by name or address, as well as country. Gibb provides an annotated list of upcoming music festivals, world premieres, and opera performances. The database is also available in Italian, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and Dutch. (Source: WorldCat)
- Performing Arts Encylcopedia
- The site displays the diversity of American performing arts through the Library of Congress's collections of music, audio recordings, films, photographs, maps, and other materials. Special presentations and featured collections will highlight some of the unique and unusual materials in the Library's collections. It is the beginning of what will be a continually growing resource drawing from the vast collections and concert archives of the Library. Links to related Web sites are provided. (Source: WorldCat)
- Worldwide Internet Music Resources
- Music resources are organized by: Individual Musicians (All Genres) and Popular Groups, Groups and Ensembles (Except Popular), Other Sites Related to Performance, Composers and Composition, Genres and Types of Music, Research and Study, The Commercial World of Music, Journals and Magazines, and General and Miscellaneous. (Source: WorldCat)