Writing & Rhetoric Resources
Online Resources (free to All Users)
- American Rhetoric
- "Index to and growing database of 5000+ full text, audio and video (streaming) versions of public speeches, sermons, legal proceedings, lectures, debates, interviews, other recorded media events, and a declaration or two. Links are arranged alphabetically by first name and checked for errors at least once every two weeks". Also illustrates various rhetorical devices with sound clips from speeches and movies. Includes sections on Christian rhetoric, and movie speeches. (Source: WorldCat)
- Diana Hacker's Research and Documentation Online
- Presents information and examples on usage of the MLA, APA, Chicago, and CBE styles. Also gives links for finding sources in history, social sciences, history and science. (Source: WorldCat)
- Ethnologue: Languages of the World
- Online version of Ethnologue : Languages of the World, an extensive database of linguistic information. Arranged by country/region, each entry includes a linguistic overview with detailed list of languages and corresponding ethnic groups. The site includes language and ethnic group indexes. (Source: WorldCat)
- ILoveLanguages: Your Guide to Languages on the Web
- A comprehensive catalog of language-related Internet resources. The more than 2000 links at iLoveLanguages have been hand-reviewed to bring you the best language links the Web has to offer. Includes information for online language lessons, translating dictionaries, native literature, translation services, software, language schools, or if you just need a little information on a language you've heard about. (Source: WorldCat)
- Online Etymology Dictionary
- This is a free dictionary that provides a short history to words in English. For a fuller treatment, use the OED which is located in the library's Reference collection.
- Online Writing Lab: OWL
- Contains information about Purdue's Writing Lab and provides links to other writing labs and resources for teachers and writers. (Source: WorldCat).
- Writer's Digest
- Web site of Writer's Digest, updated every weekday. The site includes: Daily market updates; a searchable database of writer's guidelines; an online ranking of the coolest places to get published; and complete, searchable information on products for writers. Information on subscribing to other periodicals and reference sources (at a cost), including Writer's Digest magazine and Writer's market. (Source: WorldCat)