Criminal Justice Resources
Databases (for Bethel Users)
- SocINDEX is the world's most comprehensive and highest quality sociology research database. This database features more than 1,600,000 records with subject headings from a 15,600 term sociological thesaurus designed by subject experts and expert lexicographers. This product also contains informative abstracts for 640 "core" coverage journals dating as far back as 1895. In addition, this file provides data mined from more than 530 "priority" coverage journals as well as from over 1,420 "selective" coverage journals. (source: vendor website)
Online Resources (free to All Users)
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
- This site contains statistics related to the criminal justice field. Examples of statistics include statistics on crime, victims, law enforcement, projection, and the justice system. Statistics nationwide trends.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- This site serves as a clearinghouse for information related to criminology. It focuses heavily on goverment publications, many of which are available online. However, information from other sources is included. The focus is primarily national in scope, though local and international information is available.