Databases (for Bethel Users)
- PsycARTICLES is a definitive source of searchable full text articles on current issues in psychology. The PsycARTICLES database covers general psychology and specialized, basic, applied, clinical and theoretical research in psychology. The database contains more than 35,000 searchable full text articles from 41 journals published by the American Psychological Association and 8 from allied organizations. It contains all journal articles, letters to the editor and errata from each of the 49 journals. Examples of titles offered in PsycARTICLES include: American Psychologist, Behavioral Neuroscience, Canadian Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Journal of Abnormal Psychology, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Psychoanalytic Psychology, Psychotherapy: Theory/Research/Practice/Training, etc. Coverage spans from 1988 to the present. (source: vendor website)
- PsycINFO contains more than one million citations and summaries of journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations and technical reports, all in the field of psychology. Journal coverage, which spans from 1887 to present, includes international material selected from more than 1,700 periodicals in over 35 languages. More than 60,000 records are added each year. It also includes information about the psychological aspects of related disciplines such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology, linguistics, anthropology, business and law. Examples of titles offered in PsycINFO include: Academic Medicine, Academic Psychiatry, Behavior Genetics, Behavioral Disorders, Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, Journal of Applied Social Psychology, Journal of Behavioral Medicine, Journal of Psychiatry & Neuroscience, Journal of Psychology, Psychoanalytic Psychology, Psychological Assessment, Psychological Medicine, etc. (source: vendor website)
Online Resources (free to All Users)
- This site is the official site of the APA, the professional organization for psychology. It covers various issues related to the field of psychology.
- ETS Test Collection
A library of 20,000 tests and other measurement devices providing information on standardized tests. The database is a comprehensive listing of assessment instruments from the early 1900s to the present. (Source: WorldCat)
This site does NOT have the tests themselves. Essentially, it allows you to search for tests to get more information about the test--name, publisher, etc.
- Mental Measurement Yearbook Index from Buros
- This site provides an index to the Mental Measurement Yearbook. The entries are not provided, but you can search for tests and for the edition of the Yearbook that provides an entry and review for that test. Again, the tests themselves are not available from Mental Measurement Yearbook, only reviews.
- National Institute of Mental Health
- Specifically, this server provides Internet access to information about mental health and mental illnesses, NIMH-funded grants and research projects, educational and information programs, and a variety of resources in support of NIMH activities and programs. (Source: WorldCat)
- PsychScholar: A Collection of Web Resources for Psychological Scholars and Budding Psychological Scholars
- Browseable index to scholarly Internet resources on psychology. (Source: WorldCat)