Summary of Services
Career Counseling and Guidance
In addition to one-on-one career counseling and assistance, the Office of Career Services offers a free assessment called Career Direct. It is biblically-based and can help you discover the major/career that is best for you. After taking the assessment you will meet with our career counselor who will walk you through the results, counsel you on the best career options available, and will provide you with additional resources to assist you on your career path.
Job Search Assistance
Whether you are conducting a job search for the first time or you are preparing to make a complete career transition, the process can be intimidating. The Office of Career Services is here to equip you and give you the tools necessary to achieve success in your search. We offer assistance with résumés, cover letters, interviewing, and other aspects of the job search. To have your résumé or cover letter reviewed, we invite you to send a completed draft to careerservices@BethelCollege.edu. Your résumé and/or cover letter will be edited by one of the career services staff in a first-come, first-serve manner. Please understand that when volume is high, it could take at least three weeks before you receive an appointment time. Questions? Please give us a call at 574.807.7096.
An internship may not be an academic requirement for your major, but you should seriously consider doing one anytime after your sophomore year.
Career Services Online
This online service provides a link between employers and Bethel students/alumni, allowing you to:
- Search available job and internship openings
- Receive automatic e-mails when new jobs are posted
- Upload résumés into the system and make them accessible to prospective employers
- Apply for jobs through the system and send a résumé and cover letter directly to the employer’s e-mail
- View a listing of upcoming career events and on-campus recruiting opportunities
- Have access to a document library which contains important resources such as résumé and cover letter packets and samples