Information Technology Department
The Information Technology Department is responsible for the proper operation and configuration of all College-owned computers, software, network equipment, classroom A/V, telephone equipment, computer labs, and information infrastructure on the Bethel College campuses. We also support the My.Bethel, Angel, and Administrative Computing systems.
The helpdesk is responsible for providing prompt assistance to students, faculty, and staff. We are staffed with professional technicians, student computer technicians, and student lab assistants. We also operate the campus switchboard.
The follow services are offered:
- In person, telephone, and e-mail support.
- Large computer lab for student use.
- Overflow lab.
- Lab printers with black and white laser printing.
- Lab copy machine for copies, color printing, scanning, and local fax. Color printing may now be done from lab computers to the copy machine.
- Wireless printing from your laptop to the lab copy machine.
- Basic support for Apple and PC computers limited to network connectivity and basic issues. *
- Installation of student owned software and other free programs/utilities.
- Support for our campus wifi network
- Blank CD and DVD disks for purchase
- Miscellaneous loanable items such as calculators, headphones, and SD card reader. (ID required for check out).
We are located on the lower level of the Miller-Moore Academic Center.
Regular hours are :
Monday - Thursday: 7:00 a.m. - Midnight
Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 5:00 p.m. - Midnight
*Computer support is available to enrolled students only. We are not able to preform physical repairs or indepth scans on computers. Campus policy strictly prohibits the use of file sharing utilities. The helpdesk reserves the right to refuse service/network connectivity to computers with file sharing and torrent programs installed, or computers without anitvirus programs. Contact the helpdesk for further information.