The Mission of Bethel College
An evangelical Christian college affiliated with the Missionary Church, Bethel is uniquely qualified to provide educational opportunities for all students, traditional and nontraditional, who are interested in programs in liberal arts and professional studies. A coeducational college, Bethel offers studies including master’s, baccalaureate and associate degrees for the broad spectrum of students and in a variety of settings.
Furthermore, Bethel College is located in an urban community with rich educational and cultural resources, and participates in a consortium of colleges and universities where educational opportunity is enhanced through the sharing of these resources.
Recognizing that the future offers opportunities and challenges which must be met by a responsive academic community, Bethel affirms the commitment to provide liberating and relevant academic programs, while holding to the Christian responsibility to be a witness and participant in the contemporary world. As a Christian college, we accept the person of Jesus Christ and His gospel as normative for the values we seek to understand, embody and communicate.
Bethel Proposes to Accomplish This Mission By:
- Creating quality teaching-learning experiences consisting of general and disciplinary studies fostering knowledge and a mastery of skills to excel in a particular discipline.
- Encouraging healthy relationships between members of the college community that foster and sustain growth in spiritual, intellectual, physical and social dimensions, as well as in professional competence.
- Offering experiences beyond the classroom that contribute to the development of the broadly educated individual and the competent professional.
- Fostering a spirit of scholarship, inquiry and independent study which provides stimulus and background for a life of learning.
- Striving to prepare students to serve the church, the community and society.
- Challenging total Christian commitment within the college environment.