Bethel College is an evangelical Christian community of learners.
Bethel College, affiliated with the Missionary Church, is a Christian community of learners dedicated to building lives of commitment for leadership in the Church and the world. Bethel provides liberating academic and co-curricular programs to challenge the mind, enlarge the vision and equip the whole person for lifelong service.
Challenging academic courses. Study abroad programs. Internships. Short-term mission experiences. Local service opportunities. These are a few ways Bethel College prepares its students for their calling and career and to be ambassadors for Christ in the world. Founded in 1947, Bethel is an accredited evangelical Christian college of the arts and sciences. We offer more than 50 areas of study. Students graduating from our programs have achieved:
- Double the national average medical school acceptance rate.
- 100 percent job placement rate in nursing.
- 99 percent job placement rate in music education.
- 100 percent pass rate on the sign language interpreting national exam.
With the goal of becoming one of the top five most influential Wesleyan college in America by 2022, President Gregg A, Chenoweth, Ph.D. expects GREATer things for Bethel. One of Dr. Chenoweth's first projects after being named Bethel’s seventh president in July 2013, was to get the input of employees, donors, community members, church representatives and trustees. After six months' work, the GREATer Agenda: 2014–2018 was launched in March 2014 and outlined five institutional priorities and nearly 200 strategies. The first five years of the agenda focus on five specific priorities: growth, revival, encore, aesthetics, and testify (GREAT).
- G: Bethel’s goal is to grow by 1,000 students — 200 traditional and 800 adult and graduate students.
- R: Bethel is creating conditions for revival on campus, living in expectancy that God will move.
- E: We are striving for an encore, serving our constituents so well that they’re left wanting more.
- A: Bethel is working toward improving its aesthetics with $20 million in designated projects (with $5.8 raised in the first six months) on campus to reflect our best self and maximize our service and our impact.
- T: We’re testifying to who we are and what God can accomplish through us.
- Bethel College has more than 1,800 traditional undergraduate, adult and graduate students.
- Bethel’s connections are with 25 denominational connections.
- Bethel students come from or reside in 32 states and 11 countries.
- Bethel is powered by 250 full-time faculty and staff.
Our 20,000 alumni reside in 49 states and 35 areas of the world. Our graduates have accomplished great things in their professional lives. Here are a few we’re proud to call Pilots:
- A recipient of the Sagamore of the Wabash Award — the highest honor in Indiana presented by the governor.
- The Indiana Superintendent of the Year.
- The Indiana Principal of the Year.
- A pediatric surgeon in the top 1 percent of his field in North America.
- A senior Midwest manager for Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- The vice president of development for the Bill of Rights Institute in Washington, D.C.
- The former executive director of the largest Youth for Christ district in the nation.
- The lead in the Off-Broadway production of South Pacific.
- A national leader and lab executive in nanotechnology and sustainable energy.
- MLB All-Star team representative and pitcher for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- MLB pitcher for the San Diego Padres.
- Bethel hosts more than 8,000 guests annually for music and theater productions and 20,000 annually in conference services.
- Our athletic programs have won 33 national team championships in the NAIA (National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics) and NCCAA (National Christian College Athletic Association).
- Bethel has been ranked in the top 16 percent of all baccalaureate colleges in the nation, by U.S. News and World Report.
Located in Mishawaka, Indiana, Bethel College is an urban-situated campus close to a wide range of recreational opportunities. The sandy beaches of Lake Michigan are less than an hour away, and the city of Chicago is just 90 miles from campus. Additionally, Bethel is:
- In St. Joseph County, which has approximately 250,000 residents.
- Located near five colleges, including the University of Notre Dame and Indiana University South Bend.
- Close to the second-largest shopping district in the state.
- Near more than 16,000 businesses, which provides opportunities for students to do internships, learn from guest speakers, and be part of an urban experience.
- Close to nearly 50 parks, including Mishawaka’s three-mile Riverwalk development, which was built on a reclaimed former factory site. The park connects to a 16-mile bike path along the St. Joseph River.
- Livability.com named South Bend, Indiana, ninth in its ranking of the 10 Best College Towns, 2014.