- Overview of Library's Website — PDF
- Gives an overview of the library's homepage describing the services provided and where to click to access those services.
- Overview of General Library Techniques — PDF
- Gives an overview of saving and e-mailing results, using Boolean logic in searching, and the difference between subject and keyword searching.
Finding Books & Other Media
- Searching the Catalog-Basic — PDF
- Provides a basic overview of how to use the catalog to find books, journal titles, and audiovisual material.
- Searching the Catalog-Advanced — PDF
- Provides more a more in depth view of the catalog covering features like saving searches and e-mailing results.
- Searching Catalog Classic — PDF
- Provides an in depth overview of Catalog Classic. Explains the difference between Keyword and Browse searching, how to renew books online, and how to save and export records from the catalog.
- Searching WorldCat — PDF
- Explains what WorldCat is and what WorldCat does. Also, it explains how to use WorldCat and demonstrates some of its features.
- Searching EBSCOhost-Basic — PDF
- An overview of how to search an EBSCOhost database. Explains how to log on to EBSCOhost and how to perform a basic keyword search. Descriptions of the results screen are explained. Also explains how to limit results and how to retrieve the article from the database.
- Searching EBSCOhost-Advanced — PDF
- The Advanced module explains in greater detail how to use the various search feature of EBSCOhost. It also shows one how to use the advanced search features. A section is provided that explains how to get to EBSCOhosts subject searching functionality. Also, how to save articles and searches for future use is explained.
- Advanced Search: ATLA — PDF
- The ATLA tutorial explains what the ATLA database is and what information it covers. It also explains how to perform a Scritpure search, ATLA's unique advanced search feature.
- Advanced Search: CINAHL — PDF
- The CINAHL tutorial explains what the CINAHL database is and what information it covers. It also explains how to use some of CINAHL's unique limiters and CINAHL's subject feature which is called CINAHL Headings.
- Advanced Search: PsycINFO — PDF
- The PsycINFO tutorial explains what the PsycINFO database is and what information it covers. It also explains how to use some of PsycINFO's unique limiters and PsycINFO's subject feature.
- Using E-Journals & FindIt @ Bethel — PDF
- The E-Journals and FindIt @ Bethel tutorial explains when and how to use the E-Journals feature. It also explains when and what you will see with the FindIt @ Bethel feature. An explanation of how to use the FindIt feature is also provided.
- Interlibrary Loan — PDF
- The Interlibrary Loan tutorial will introduce you to what Interlibrary Loan is and how to use it. Explanation of how the Interlibrary Loan button, which can be seen in various databases, is also given.
- Using Course Reserves — PDF
- The course reserves tutorial will explain what course reserves are and how to use the online catalog to find out what has been placed on reserve. Also, electronic reserves are explained and instructions are given on how to use the online catalog to access material that is on electronic reserve.