ACT Residual Testing
An on-campus or "residual" testing program is available to ACT-participating colleges. Scores from Residual Testing are reported only to Bethel College offices for admission, course placement and advising purposes.
- Eligibility for Students – Residual Testing is conducted at Bethel College for students who: 1) are enrolled, 2) have been admitted, or 3) are applying to Bethel College. Students who do not intend to attend Bethel College are not allowed to participate in ACT Residual Testing on our campus.
ACT residual testing times and location
Comprehensive – (Wednesday)
All testing is held in the Miller-Moore Academic Success Center (Room 033)
2017 test dates
2018 test dates
October / NO TESTING, PER ACT
- Scores from Residual Testing are valid only at Bethel College and cannot be transferred by transcript or other means to any other institution or agency.
- Scores from Residual Testing are reported only to the college administering the test.
- No Student Reports or High School Reports are generated.
- No Additional Score Reports will be generated to report scores to any other institution.
- Residual Testing is not a practice test and is not for use with younger students. Bethel College does not provide Residual Testing to individuals who do not intend to attend our college.
- ACT Residual Testing is restricted to on-campus administrations. Test booklets may not be transported from campus to campus or to any off-campus locations.
- A minimum of 60 days must elapse before another Residual Test may be taken. Scores achieved before the minimum elapsed time will be cancelled without refund.
- ACT restricts the number of times a student may take the ACT to 12 times total. Residual Testing does count toward that maximum.
- The cost of the residual testing is $45 (please call the Center for Academic Success to register: 574.807.7460).
- All students must register for ACT Residual Test a minimum of one (1) week prior to their selected testing date.
- You will need to bring and submit your $36.50 payment by cash or check (payable to Bethel College).
Valid forms of identification include:
- Current (valid) official photo ID
- Letter of identification issued by your school (with photo in letter)
- High school transcript with photo issued by your school
- Notarized statement (with photo in statement)
- Recent published individual photo
Materials required for exam
- Current photo ID
- Social Security Number
- Two No. 2 pencils with good erasers (mechanical pencils are not allowed)
- Simple four-function calculator (non-printing/non-graphing) to be used on Math Testonly.
- Extended-time testing is available to students with documented physical or learning disabilities. Please contact Becky Aldridge 574.807.7460 or aldridr@BethelCollege.edu in the Center for Academic Success to discuss the documentation needed to schedule a date for the extended-time exam.
Downloads & online resources
ACT Residual Testing Supervisor