Religion & Philosophy
Students will build a foundation allowing them to pursue ministry roles or continue studies at a graduate level.
- Biblical Studies – An intensive and rigorous program to foster a love of the Scriptures and a competence for interpretation and application in the life of the church. This program usually leads to seminary.
- Children's Ministries — Preparation for leadership in the local church. Potential careers include youth pastor, camping director, juvenile justice director and more.
- Christian Ministries — Primary emphasis is service to the church and the world. Graduates report their studies gave them an adequate foundation on which to build a graduate degree program.
- Youth Ministry/Adolescent Studies — Provides hands-on, practical experience in a variety of area youth ministries, Christ-centered service, and adolescent development expertise, as well as multicultural awareness in issues of diversity and culture.
- Sports Ministries — For students who want to work in places such as camps, missions, or organizations focused on sports ministries, like FCA, Athletes in Action, Upwards Sports and others.
- Provides a solid theological and practical ministry base with significant engagement in the social sciences, culture and geography.
- Some popular minors to add onto the Intercultural Studies major are: TESOL, Business, Youth Ministry, Philosophy, Sociology, Family Studies, Biblical Languages and Spanish.
- Connects students with others who are studying biblical literature or preparing for the ministry or other full-time Christian service. Students leave the program with a broad base of philosophical knowledge and an understanding of the current problems with which philosophers are engaged.
- Philosophy Lecturers and Awards
- Designed for students from all cultural and denominational backgrounds. Courses will provide students with a necessary, strong understanding of church administration.
A subsidiary of Bethel College, HCM Records serves the new Worship Arts major. The CD project is part of the larger mission of the program, to help prepare men and women for professional leadership in church worship, Christian music and the creative arts. Anchor in the Undertow and Undone have been released under this label.
Potential careers include working musician or worship leader. This degree will lead to a job, as there is a rising demand within churches for professional leadership at all levels within a worship program.