FAQ School Administration Licensure
Who is the program for?
- Teachers with a master’s degree desiring to complete just the requirements for the Indiana K-12 Building Level Administrator Licensure
- Teachers who have a minimum of three years of successful teaching experience
- Individuals who hold a current teaching license
- Individuals who maintained a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.75 for all college work
How is the School Administration Licensure program structured?
- Practicing educators who already hold a master's degree may complete the requirements for K-12 Building Level Administrator Licensure by completing 20 credit hours in school administration. They must also pass the Praxis II Leader's Licensure Assessment.
What are the qualifications for admission?
- Complete a formal application form
- Submit an autobiographical statement of at least 350 words including information on yourself, your recent work in education, and reasons for seeking the Bethel College M.Ed. degree
- Submit a brief resume
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended (copies can be submitted initially for review but official copies are required before final admission)
- Submit three letters of recommendation (at least two directly related to your experience in education)
What is the program like?
- Students take classes as they are needed and offered—the M.Ed. program is not conducted as a cohort
- Classes are offered in the evening
- Some summer courses may be offered in the afternoon instead of evening
What are the timelines?
- Application material must be submitted one month prior to the beginning of the semester.
How can I get additional information?